DEPARTMENT OF COMPUTER AND EMBEDDED SYSTEMS
- The Department of Computer – Embedded Systems of the Faculty of Electronics – Telecommunications was formed on the basis of inheritance and intensive development in the fields of data acquisition and processing (based on hardware and software) such as the design and application of embedded systems (based on microprocessor, microcontroller, DSP or FPGA), digital signal processing, digital IC and SoPC design and application programming.
- The department’s training orientation is in line with the state of the art and future technology trends, so graduates looking for jobs or studying to higher levels have many advantages.
- The education program is formed based on the foundations of computer hardware, data processing techniques, data transmission and programming techniques. This is also a prominent feature of Computer – Embedded Systems major compared to other universities with strong support from Electronics and Telecommunication background.
Main experimental facilities
|Experimental board using PIC, sponsored by MicroChip||Development board for low power communication test, Silab|
|Embedded programming board, Raspberry pi||SoC FPGA development board, Intel||Galileo board, sponsored by Intel|
Computer systems, data acquisition and processing, application programming:
|Data acquisition via USB, NI||Intel’s board for acquiring and processing data on a high-speed network via PCIe|
Digital IC design (FPGA) and SoPC:
|FPGA and SoPC development boards , sponsored by Intel (Altera)||High speed logic analyzer, Tektronix|
Traditional research strengths are system design (software and hardware) for security, high-speed, flexible and low-energy applications in IoT, Smart Cities, Video. Recently, the department has started with the design of hardware (hardware accelerator) and AI application software (including driver), and security in IoT.
- HCM-Vietnam National University key project “Designing embedded systems on FPGA and Synthesizer for Vietnamese TTS”, sponsored by HCM – VNU, 2015.
- “Research and development of cryptographic algorithms (RSA and ZUC) used in video data transmission and installation of specialized hardware for information security applications”, sponsored by the Department of Science and Technology of Ho Chi Minh City. Ho Chi Minh City, 2015.
- “Designing ICs using SoC FPGA for high security IoT applications”, sponsored by Ho Chi Minh City Department of Science and Technology, 2021.
|Tăng Phương Phương, the first price LSI contest design, Japan (2010)|
Dr. Nguyễn Xuân Thuận
Dr. Nguyễn Văn Phúc
Dr. Hoàng Trọng Thức
– PhD from UEC, Japan
– Postdoc: University of Toronto, Canada
– Currently: FPGA IP Software Development Engineer, Intel Corporation
– PhD: Colorado Boulder university, USA.
– Currently: Assistant Professor at Texas Arlington University on wireless, mobile and embedded systems.
– PhD: UEC, Japan
– Currently: Associate professor UEC, Japan.
Career opportunities after graduation
After graduation, students can work in science and technology companies, Universities, research institutes … or in related fields or continue to study postgraduate programs in Vietnam or other countries.
Graduates are working at many famous companies and in diversified fields: embedded systems (DEK, TMA, ITRVN…), application software and system integration: (HPT, FPT, Viettel…), IC design (mainly digital chips and DFTs: Intel, Renesas, Marvel, Synopsys…). This proves the match between the training programs and the needs of the business.